For our FAMILY, COMMUNITY and SOCIETY to be HAPPY and BLISSFUL, we should mindfully practice the following 50 Values:
The 50 values enumerated here will take care of wholesome body-mind-soul requirements of Happiness.
Happiness can be categorised into three types:
1) Physical (for the body)
2) Mental (for the mind)
3) Spiritual (for the soul)
In order to fill our lives with these (body-mind-soul) three categories of happiness, we must first practice the 50 good habits and values given below in this article to achieve them. These habits and values include:
For Physical Happiness:
– Eating Healthy diet
– Having Sound sleep of min. 7 hrs and good rest.
– Doing Effective physical (bodily) exercises.
For Mental Happiness:
– Stopping comparing and expecting
– Working to get rid of Pride/Ego
– Consciously avoiding negative thoughts.
For Spiritual Happiness:
– Recognising and Contemplating consistently that our soul is a separate entity and not connected with our body-mind complex.
– Not living in the past. (Let go of past memories and freeing oneself from negative experiences).
– Stop worrying about the future, and proactively planning for the future. Being in the present (Now)
– Getting rid of hatred and attachments (Raaga & Dvesha).
– Helping ever; Hurting never.
– Meditating minimum 20 minutes daily regularly and surrendering to the Supreme Soul.
Values – 50 for Happiness:
1. EAT healthy, PLAY happily, LOVE unconditionally
2. CELEBRATE EVERY Possible OCCASION
3. STAY HOME; STAY TOGETHER; Have regular Family Holidays
4. PUT THE OTHER PERSON and his /her Interest FIRST
5. SMILE MORE; FROWN LESS; NEVER GRUMBLE
6. MUTUAL RESPECT
11. TELL THE TRUTH, NEVER LIE
12 OBEY and LOVE YOUR PARENTS and ELDERS
13. TURN OFF TV/COMPUTER and MOBILE frequently
14. PARTY LESS
15. MIND YOUR WORDS, THOUGHTS MANNERS
16. SPEAK WITH LOVE and AFFECTION
17. FORGIVE WHOLEHEARTEDLY
18. Be COMPASSIONATE
19. KEEP YOUR PROMISE
20. HUG OFTEN by Gesture and Feelings
21. ORGANISE MORE FAMILY GATHERINGS
22. DISCUSS or DEBATE MORE AND ARGUE LESS
23. UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER
24. USE PLEASE AND SORRY MORE OFTEN
25. HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOUR
26. SPEND TIME WITH KIDS/ELDERS
27. GIVE HUGS BY GESTURE
28. PRAY FOR EACH OTHER
29. ROLL YOUR EYES LESS
30. GIVE FREEDOM TO OTHERS
31. STICK WITH BUDGET
32. COME HOME EARLY
33. EXPRESS YOUR LOVE BY WORDS and ACTIONS
34. HELP and MOTIVATE EACH OTHER
35. BE GRATEFUL; Say THANKS; COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS
36. SAVE FOR THE FUTURE
37. BE HAPPY and JOYFUL
38. BE KIND; USE KIND WORDS
39. KEEP YOUR PROMISE
40. FORGIVE AND FORGET
41. BE PATIENT
42. DO YOUR BEST
43. TRY NEW THINGS
44. LAUGH A LOT
45. EAT TOGETHER
46. VALUE OTHERS and their FEELINGS
47. MISTAKES ARE OKAY; TOLERATE
48. DO NOT EXPECT
And most importantly
49. PRAISE THE LORD and PRAY DAILY
50. LOVE ONE ANOTHER
Om Tat Sat